User Group Spotlight: ISSG
About the ISSG User Group
This Information Services Support Group (ISSG) is made up of technology-driven personnel. This group meets monthly to communicate updates, changes, and other items that relate to other user groups in the organization. They offer advice on systems, advancements, and how integrations can be leveraged in the software among the different groups. This type of collaboration helps our user groups make informed decisions on their software products and services, many of whom are the actual owners of the software products and services.
Why was the user group formed? The group was formed to foster communications and be a translator between vendors and user group members when talking about everything from computer, software, integrations; and for this reason, there is a liaison that serves in every user group.
What topics are typically discussed?
- Each liaison gives updates as to current events and concerns discussed in each user group.
- Software enhancements and development - what's impacted, timelines, training, and other topics that may impact products used by user groups.
- Training for our users as there are many topics to choose from.
- How to look for value adds to the organization
Upcoming Projects or Special Announcements
- Halloween Security workshop
- Training opportunities (lately Accelebrate)
The annual MnCCC Halloween cybersecurity workshop will be held Wednesday, October 27. This all-day event is free and open to all user groups interested in learning more! The workshop is sponsored by the ISSG user group, and will have a remote option or in-person option. You don't want to miss out on this spooktacular event covering a wide range of cybersecurity topics, from cyberattacks to developing a security plan, this workshop will be a great resource for all things cybersecurity!
To register, please visit: calendar.mnccc.org/customer/Calendar.aspx